2019.2 Release Notes – Fuel System Library 4.6
Fuel System Library v4.6 is part of Modelon’s 2019.2 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- FuelSystem.Pumps.Base.PumpSignal is now extending from a pump interface similar to Modelon.ThermoFluid.Pumps.Templates.PartialPump. This enables more characteristics choices, less time events and a cleaned up code. This change will also correct an error in the power computation when using nParallel≠1. All of these changes will be available in FuelSystem.Pumps.Pump which also contains a cleaned up parameter GUI.
- Added support to set position using frame connectors in components. Frame connectors can be enabled by setting useFrame=true in components.
- Linear fuel probe for measuring fuel levels in the ConvectiveComplexTank. The probes are compliant with all geometry kernels and includes 3D animation.
- Fuel center of gravity in the ConvectiveComplexTank for all flight conditions. The fuel CG is available for all geometry kernels and includes 3D animation (ModelicaWithVisualization and ExplicitExternalWithVisualization). Aggregate CG value is available in AggregateFuelProperties.
- Added provision to model pressure losses due to bends in the LumpedPipe model.
- Reorganization of Initialization parameters from group on the “General” tab to a separate tab for components that rely on the template FuelSystem.Templates.PartialTwoPortFlowmodel.
- The non-linear equation systems generated when using both wall friction and lumped loss in pipes and maintaining from_dp=true has been eliminated by using a 1D inpterpolation table approach to generate an explicit equation system to compute the pressure losses from each of the friction terms. See LumpedPipe for more info.
- Moved SpinningTank-experiments into a separate package.
- In explicit external geometry kernel updated default value of noOfAnglePoints to 13 to give more accurate liquid level value. If you get an error like, Inconsistent data for tables read in FuelSystem.Volumes.ComplexTankInternals.TableIO.ValidateData. The model is set up to read data for noOfAnglePoints = 13 but the data file contains 10!. Either set noOfAnglePoints = 10 in the tank or re-run to create new mat file with noOfAnglePoints = 13!.
- Included state_liq for the volumeDynamic model in the evaporating fluid template. Now GasWithEvaporatingLiquid is compatible with the complex tank model.
- Lifted the limiting on levelAbovePorts from zero in external geometry kernels. Now levelAbovePorts can become negative.
- Corrected description string for FuelSystem.Pipes.StaticPipe from Lumped pipe model with optional dynamic volume to Static pipe model with no storage of energy or mass
- FuelSystem.Experiments.SpinningTankWithPipes –> FuelSystem.Experiments.SpinningTankWithPipes.SimpleTank
- FuelSystem.Experiments.SpinningComplexTankWithPipes –> FuelSystem.Experiments.SpinningTankWithPipes.ComplexTank
- FuelSystem.Experiments.SpinningComplexTankWithPipesSTL –> FuelSystem.Experiments.SpinningTankWithPipes.ComplexTankSTL
Conversion of user libraries
- Automatic conversion of user libraries from version 4.5 to 4.6 is supported using the included conversion script “Convert_to_4.6.mos” located under FuelSystem 4.6ResourcesScripts.
- Fuel System Library is based on Modelon Base Library 3.4 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2 and 3.2.3.