2019.2 Release Notes – Heat Exchanger Library 2.4
Heat Exchanger Library v2.4 is part of Modelon’s 2019.1 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- New Multi display sensors are now available in the Sensors package. It facilitates the visualization of values of enthalpy, mass flow rate, temperature and pressure of the media.
- TwoPhaseFinLiquidFinPlainCounterEvaporator and TwoPhaseFinLiquidFinPlainCounterCondenser are new two-phase-liquid counter-flow heat exchangers with a plain plate surface and internal and external finned channels. This will support only the offset fin strips on two-phase side.
- Prandtl number in fin heat exchanger heat transfer correlations is no longer hard coded. It can either be computed with the function PrandtlNumber, or set as a constant value with the options useConstantPr and Pr_const. In order to retain consistency between versions the default is constant for air (Pr = 0.72).
- Sensor output values are now displayed in the sensor icons.
- Improved Modelica compliance.
- Fixed an issue where primary side fin pitch was not correctly calculated for fin-fin flat tube heat exchangers.
- Fixed a related error in the Modelon Base Library on two-phase fraction calculation. Previously this resulted in incorrect heat transfer coefficient prediction in scenarios where either liquid was entering a volume with pure gas, or gas entering a volume with pure liquid.
- Heat Exchanger Library 2.4 is based on Modelon Base Library 3.4 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.3.