2019.2 Release Notes – Thermal Power Library 1.19
Thermal Power Library v1.19 is part of Modelon’s 2019.2 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- The three pressure level boiler example has been extended by:
- Closing the steam cycle and adding a reboiler model
- Adding a gas turbine model
- Adding a dynamic temperature-heat flow visualizer showing the variation of temperature against energy.
- Scheduled load changes added to demonstrate the dynamic behaviour of the process.
- Adding a summary on the top-level which contains the key performance indicators of the system
- Microgrid system example has been added to the library. The microgrid consists of environment, wind turbine, photovoltaics, diesel generator, battery and hydropower models.
- It also consists of a simple economy model calculating investment cost, operation & maintenance cost, fuel cost and electric grid cost. A controller is used to meet the electric load demand in the best way possible.
- A demonstration scenario on how primary frequency control can be provided by activating different energy storages has been added, see SuperCriticalRankine400MWe
- Stress calculation for thick-walled cylindrical components has been added for a plain cylinder as well as for critical stress at connection pipes according to EN 12952, see ThickWalledHeader including an example on stress calculation ThermalPower.TwoPhase.Volumes.Examples.WallStressCalculation.
- The SimpleMill has been improved in its dynamic behavior. It now contains first order plus dead time behaviour providing more realistic response to input changes.
- Improved Modelica compliance.
Conversion of user libraries
No conversion of user libraries from version 1.18 is needed.